I Don’t Have an Executor
I don’t have anyone I trust to be my Executor
It is not unusual for clients to express to us that either:
- They do not trust anyone to be their Executor
- They do not have anyone to appoint as their Executor
If this is you, here is a list of people to work through (not family or spouse) to help you identify who you can appoint:
- Do you have any friends you can appoint?
- Do you have a neighbour you can appoint?
- Is there a professional person you wish to appoint? Such as a Doctor or Accountant
- Do you have a Solicitor you wish to be appointed?
- Finally, if you answered no to all of the above questions consider appointing the Public Trustee as Executor.
For any legal advice or for more information, please contact our team of Estate Lawyers to discuss your needs. We would love to assist you with your estate planning needs.